Knowing to self-drive is a lot more beneficial in the long run when it comes to holiday travel. We all go on long travel for holidays to spend time with our family and friends. Any weekend or vacation tour can be either a guided tour or a self-drive one. A self-drive holiday can be more economical compared to a hired car for a shorter or longer tour. You can quickly pack to an uncharted location on a quest to explore the yet unexplored if you know to drive on complex roads. This might be a dream holiday destination or just a weekend getaway. Yet, many do not bother about the destination; rather take pleasure in the journey it affords. Road trips are thus increasingly becoming popular amongst travelers and a preferred mode of relocating for others.
Enjoy the comfort of self-driving by traveling at your own pace
Guided tours are not suitable when you are on a tight budget. Self-drive offers more benefits when you go on a long vacation. You not only save money in self-driving it gives you the flexibility to explore places as you like each day. You can travel on your timeline.
However, one needs to be a skillful driver with knowledge about road safety rules and advanced driving techniques. Driving schools can prepare you ahead with all the confidence to drive through your long road trips. One would be better served in being prepared rather than being surprised before one embarks on a road trip.
Driving lessons to prepare you with long-distance driving needs:
How you can become a confident self-drive traveler without properly equipping yourself with necessary driving skills? Our driving school can get you ready on this by training you on advanced and defensive driving techniques. Self-drive travelers, however, can avoid a major disappointment whilst on a fun trip by adhering to certain precautions and being skilled with driving essentials while traveling. Here are some of them you need to know:
- The technique of changing lanes: When you are on a long self-drive holiday, you will come across busy metropolitan four lanes or interstate highway. You need to know lane changing techniques to safely change lanes and move forward. In our defensive driving lessons, we teach you on lane-changing tips and techniques. Always check mirrors, turn your signal and then change lanes. It is also vital to check blind spot before you make the move. Be it another vehicle or you, always plan and anticipate. Lane discipline helps in mitigating most road hazards.
- Highway driving techniques: Defensive driving techniques through our training lessons will familiarize you with highway lane changes, driving in the right lane and picking the habit of using blinkers. Venturing out onto highways can be a daunting ordeal for new drivers. Ensure you are well versed with the road regulations, speed limitations and lane stipulations for your class of vehicle. It is also advisable to have a map at hand and study locations of the lay apart zones, security and maintenance facilities along the route.
- Driving skills for heavy traffic roads: You need to keep an eye on approaching traffic with the assistance of the rear and side-view mirrors. Hence, these mirrors must be in serviceable and clean condition. Ensure that they are set at the correct position and no obstructions are blocking the view. Also, be aware of the caution that objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Hence factor in that added safety margin.
- Knowing to use the necessary tools: When going on a self-drive holiday, first and foremost you need to keep all the essential toolkits ready. And above all learn how to use them. For instance, an emergency roadside kit in your car can be very helpful. These may include a flashlight, jumper cables, clamps, gloves, screwdriver, duct tape, extra batteries, first-aid supplies, reflective signs, etc. One may also contemplate keeping a baton or stick at hand, to ward off rogue elements while tackling vehicle breakdowns. Emergency roadside kits are designed to help get you back on the road quickly should bad luck desert you at the most inopportune moment. Driving school can equip you with the knowledge of using them inappropriate situations.
- Learn about driving focused on the road: Keep your eyes on the road. This may sound elementary, but is an essential rule towards safe driving. One can’t overemphasize the fact that distractions can lead to accidents. Avoid using phones on the road while driving and be prepared for the long drive by giving enough rest on the previous day.
- Safety rules: Our driving school insists on safety first. We not only familiarize you with driving rules, by ensuring you practice them. As a safety measure, always use seat belts. Not the fear of retribution or penalty, but preparedness in case things were to go wrong should be the motivating force.
These are just preliminary tips, there are more you will get to learn when you get through your driving lessons.
Our driving lessons can enhance your driving skills with these skills and many more preventive measures to ensure you have a safe and memorable experience on the road. The freedom and flexibility offered in self-driving your holiday are a lot more enjoyable than guided tours.
While setting out to learn driving, one must make sure that one chooses a good driving school with proven credentials and not just an establishment out to make money or profit without the ethics for safety culture. Our driving school is one such institute providing advanced quality training to take you to the next level of safe driving and is one of the best driving school in Rajaji Nagar.